About the Awards
EAC National Housing for Older People Awards
Each year EAC celebrates successful examples of housing for later life. The main event is greatly enjoyed by 300 guests, including the residents of the winning schemes.
Aims of the Awards
1. Celebrate specialist housing as a successful housing option
2. Engage thousands of residents, staff, visitors and volunteers
3. Provide the best possible information on specialist housing
4. Help shape the future of housing in later life
How it works
The EAC Housing Awards are a great opportunity to celebrate later life housing. Here are some reasons why we think you should get involved!
Votes / nominations are received throughout 15 November 2018 and 28 February 2019. Voting is now closed for the 2019 awards.
The EAC Awards are voted for by the people that matter the most. That’s why voting is open to all residents of all housing for later life in the UK, as well as visitors and staff.
If your scheme wasn’t fortunate enough to win an award this year, be sure to check back here regularly for the latest information on the next EAC Awards.
The selection method for the 320 Regional Awards is based on the number of votes/nominations received for a housing scheme, compared to the number of homes in it. Residents’ votes count more than those of staff and visitors.
All online and postal votes are entered in the same IT programme which has the complete details of each housing scheme in the UK, including the number of flats (or bungalows). The programme can rank the schemes in order of ratio votes/units. It can also indicate the ratio of residents’ votes (i.e. without the staff and visitors votes), a helpful selector when needed.
The 120 National finalists are made of all regional gold awards winners. The 36 National winners are then selected following the same process as the regional winners, i.e. ratio of votes to number of homes.
Our housing awards have been running since 2010. If you would like to see the videos and photos from previous years, please click the year below.
Please note that this will open a new window to our HousingCare website.
Awards 2019 Timetable
- 15 November 2018 voting starts
- 28 February 2019 voting ends
- 11 March 2019 regional winners announced
- 11 March 2019 national finalists announced, but categories and type of awards (bronze, silver and gold) are withheld till national event
- 21 May 2019 – national AWARDS event where the 36 national winners will be declared