Process and conditions
Awards 2019 timetable
- 15 November 2018 voting starts
- 28 February 2019 voting ends
- 11 March 2019 regional winners announced (bronze, silver and gold awards declared) – certificates distributed
- 11 March 2019 national finalists announced, but categories and type of awards (bronze, silver and gold) withheld till national event
- End of May 2019 national AWARDS event when 36 national winners declared
Votes / nominations will be received between 15 November 2018 and 28 February 2019. Paper voting forms should be posted no later than 22 February 2019
Residents and visitors with online access can ask others to vote for them, but only one vote per email address will be accepted, thus depriving this third party from voting for themselves.
A paper voting form with a Freepost return address can be used by residents and visitors without online access. The form can be downloaded from this website’s homepage or ordered as pdf by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection method for the Regional Awards is based on the number of votes/nominations received for a housing scheme, compared to the number of dwelling units in it.
All online and postal votes are entered in the same IT programme which has the complete details of each housing scheme in the UK, including the number of flats (or bungalows). The programme can rank the schemes in order of ratio votes/units. It can also indicate the ratio of residents’ votes (i.e. without the staff and visitors votes), a helpful selector when needed.
The National finalists are made of all regional gold awards winners. The national winners are then selected following the same process as the regional winners, i.e. ratio of votes to number of dwelling units.
Terms and Conditions
Use of the data:
- EAC will protect voters’ confidentiality
- EAC will not contact voters unless error or fraud is suspected
- EAC will delete voters’ email addresses within 3 months following the announcement of the Awards celebration
- EAC reserves the right to use the voter’s free text, comments (max 50 words) without disclosing their authors.