Associated Retirement Community Operators (ARCO)
ARCO (the Associated Retirement Community Operators) is the main body representing providers of housing with care, sometimes referred to as retirement villages; extra care housing; assisted living; close care apartments; or independent living as well as Retirement Communities.
ARCO continually strives to:
- Promote confidence in the sector
- Raise awareness of the Retirement Community model
- Increase the volume and quality of expertise within the sector
All our members must comply with (and are assessed against) the ARCO Consumer Code which sets out the principles of best practice in the Retirement Community sector, while ensuring standards are raised and maintained.
ARCO believes that meaningful, long-lasting partnerships and commitments are at the heart of solving the challenge of meeting the housing, care, and support needs of our ageing population. We emphatically believe that older people ought to:
- Be treated with respect and dignity.
- Be valued for their contributions to society and to their communities.
- Have what they need to be happy and healthy, including access to good support, care, and health services.
- Be enabled and supported to live independently for as long as possible.
- Be empowered and free to make informed choices.
ARCO is delighted to be a sponsor of the National Housing Awards for Older People, the only awards within the sector judged entirely by residents.